I have a degree in counselling from the Metanoia Institute, London, a Certificate in Focusing Skills from the British Focusing Association (BFA), and I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am a trained couples counsellor. I am also a qualified coach to Executive Level 7 with the Institute of Leadership and Management, and a trained action learning facilitator.
I initially trained as a pharmacist to postgraduate level and worked for many years in the public sector with patients and staff, innovating, developing and managing complex situations. I am a Fellow of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in acknowledgement of my contribution to the profession.
I aim to listen attentively and respond with empathy to clients in a way that helps them to examine whatever has brought them to counselling or coaching, and enables them to develop new and growthful ways of being.
Qualifications and training
- Degree in counselling (person-centred), Middlesex University
- Diploma in person-centred counselling, Metanoia Institute
- Training as a person-centred couples counsellor, Counselling Works Ltd.
- Executive coaching and leadership mentoring, Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM7)
- Certificate in Focusing Skills, British Focusing Association
- Action learning set facilitator training, Action Learning Associates
- M.Sc. Clinical Pharmacy, University of London
- MPharm., University of London